Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Showing our appreciation

Yes my friends, it is teacher appreciation week. A week that as a teacher I love! As a first time parent of a student, I'm loving it even more. I get to be a gift giver! Not only am I being appreciated at school, I'm able to share the love with Bridget's teachers. Win-win! After thinking of all the great gifts I have received over the years, I thought back on my favorites. Those have been the thoughtful and handmade gifts. Also, if it has a bit of practicality thrown in, it's golden! So, on to Pinterest I went to find the perfect gifts to give.

For the longest time, I really wanted to make these decorated clipboards, but soon realized that I just don't have the time or patience right now to cut and measure and coordinate and all that jazz.

Aren't they cute?























Then, I found this great idea. Seriously, who doesn't love m&m's and a cute poem? However, after studying the poem for a minute, I thought to myself, "Umm, aren't there BROWN m&m's? Yes, I believe there are!" After a few more minutes (or maybe a half hour at least) of searching around, I found a few more takes on the container, but no mention of the brown m&m's. What the heck people?  So, I took matters into my own hands.

Behold!






















The tumblers and m&m's were on sale at Walgreens, I had the ribbon on hand, and then it was just a simple type and print. Awesome, right? I must say, I was probably way too proud of the slight tweaks I made to that poem than was necessary. Still, it made me laugh and I hope it brought a smile to her teacher's as well.

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! 

1 comment: